Automated Self Storage Systems
A well-designed Automated Self Storage System is the new era for the self storage building industry.
Westfalia’s ultra-secure Automated Self Storage System provides self storage security solutions, operational efficiency for the owner and piece-of-mind for the tenants. As a facility owner, you can increase your net rentable area up to 25% and lower overall operating costs by as much as 50%. With the Floor Area Ration (FAR) calculated on one floor, you maximize land space to accommodate mixed-use and reduce parking requirements.
This unique storage solution delivers the tenants storage module to a safe & secure self storage loading area by a touch of a button, providing direct access to their individual module. Westfalia's Automated Self Storage System provides each user with prime storage space within the secure building along with expedited in/out service
Automated storage solutions for the warehouse self storage industry include:
Key Features & Solutions:
- Customized to fit multiple building shapes, sizes and layouts
- Ability to store up to 6 modules deep per lane and 2 to 15 levels high
- Variety of storage module sizes - maximum module size is 10’ x 20’ which can be subdivided into standard industry sizes
- Conveyors can rotate modules 180 degrees, as needed
- Storage/Retrieval Machine (S/RM) stores and retrieves modules and vehicles, handling a maximum load of 16,000 lbs.
- Self storage management software & warehouse management/control system software (Savanna.NET®) manages and tracks all movements throughout the system
- Climate controlled to protect valuables
- Reduction in environmental pollutants
- Increases operational efficiencies and net rentable space, as all spaces are considered a prime location
- Quickly and quietly delivers the storage container to the customer at drive-up loading areas
- User-friendly system maximizes user convenience and increases satisfaction
- Inside security doors provides additional security and maintains pressurization
- Maximizes available storage space, leaving additional capacity to handle new customers
- Facilities can be built to LEED specifications including numerous energy-efficient features
“We were looking for an innovative, open-minded company with a proven track record” Paul Talley, Vice President, Automated Self Storage Systems