Food Industry Automated Storage Solutions
Customer satisfaction and trust is an essential ingredient for the food industry. Food manufacturers and distributors refining operations rely on product quality, product freshness and reliability in order to remain competitive.
Food safety is a challenge for many food manufacturers and distributors, in order to mitigate recalls and their detrimental effects, many companies are turning to automation. An automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS), utilizing a warehouse execution system (WES), is one of the chief technologies making waves in an effort to reduce, if not prevent, recalls using real-time inventory insight. The high-speed nature of an AS/RS increases the speed that products are moved in and out of the warehouse, preventing spoilage.
In addition to ensuring safety and brand reputation, warehouse automation provides many long-term advantages to overall warehouse operations – from reducing costs and increasing inventory accuracies, to boosting productivity and optimizing material flow.
As the number of industry rules and regulations are increasing due to product recalls, it is up to food manufacturers and distributors to take matters into their own hands by investing in automation technology to keep consumers safe and brands intact.
Key Features & Solutions:
- Solutions for low bay or high bay facilities – first load level can be as low as 20”
- Warehouse Management System/Warehouse Control System (WMS/WCS) - Savanna.NET® ensures constant inventory transparency so that upstream and downstream production sequences can be optimized, including traceability of batches and products.
- Increase storage capacity within a limited space
- Handle and pack bottles and cartons of various sizes
- Durable equipment built for freezer, refrigerated or ambient environments
- All stainless steel construction providing easy equipment wash down
- Work with packages, cans, bottles, baking trays, bags and more
- Improvement of inventory accuracies and faster response times
- Increase in throughput using less space
- Eliminates unusable space and height restrictions while increasing lane depth
- Labor and energy savings
- Lower sustainable operating costs
- Increased productivity by linking a warehouse directly to production
- Complete tracking of product throughout the operation
- High volume FIFO rotation
- Product safety check and quality control
- Maximizes available storage space, leaving additional capacity to handle new customers
“Westfalia provided Organic Valley with cost-effective solutions that allows us to operate in a smaller footprint using little land resources also enhancing inventory management and virtually eliminating product loss” John Kolar, CEO, Organic Logistics
So whether it’s maximizing storage, optimizing material flow, reducing costs or labor requirements, Westfalia has innovative ideas and engineering specifically refined to meet your unique needs.