Chemical & Industrial Automated Storage Solutions
Chemical and industrial manufacturers deal with a lot of pressures associated with the manufacturing of products that in most instances, are considered to be “harsh” environments. Industrial material handling equipment and workers are both subjected to extreme temperatures and substances during daily operations, making it difficult to maintain maximum efficiency.
The profitability of chemical and industrial manufacturers is closely linked to efficient operations, making it important for operational approaches to be scalable, reliable and efficient.
Westfalia specializes in optimizing warehouse processes and maximizing efficiencies and savings. Our growing customer base reflects an unparalleled ability to deliver customized solutions for the chemical and industrial industry with unsurpassed quality and control.
Automated storage solutions for the chemical and industrial industries:
Key Features & Solutions:
- Industrial storage solutions for low bay or high bay facilities for both conventional and new-build
- Integrated Warehouse Management System/Warehouse Control System (WMS/WCS) ensures inventory accuracy
- Pallets supported on 3-rail system, thereby eliminating deflection/breakage
- Modern, non-pneumatic operation
- Inbound and outbound product can be staged
- If desired, multiple load access points can be designed in the system, varying by length
- Multiple Storage/Retrieval Machines (S/RMs) can be used in back-up mode, if needed
- Present raw materials when required for the selected recipe, then re-store the unused portions, all while maintaining accurate inventory control
- Westfalia industrial material handling systems can adjust to any reconfiguration and move empty (or unused) pallets into buffer racks, where they are housed
- Increase throughput while maximizing available storage space
- Optimize processes and control of product flows
- Product safety check and quality control
- Lower sustainable operating costs
- Labor and energy savings
- Complete tracking of product throughout operation
“We selected Westfalia’s Satellite® AS/RS simply because it’s the superior product.” Doug Hartlove, Manager of Engineering, Firmenich