Savanna.NET® - Modular software to grow with your company
Westfalia’s experience designing and installing WMS platforms throughout the world covers multiple industries - food, dairy, beverage, print, chemicals, and many freezer applications.
Savanna.NET® is not only a WMS—Savanna.NET® is a unique warehousing solution comprised of a tightly integrated WMS-WCS warehousing system. Savanna.NET® directs, controls and optimizes internal material flow and order picking as a system-wide software solution. Savanna.NET® is based on Microsoft .NET technology and offers a broad range of interfaces to various ERP system, web interfaces and PLC systems—including SAP and Oracle. It is ideal for companies considering automation in the future, as well as those already automated. Savanna.NET® is a vital part of the integration of all business processes.
- Conforms to your business processes
- Optimizes, manages and controls your supply chain - saving time and money
- Grows dynamically with your company
- Is a flexible and efficient WMS - select only the functions you need
- Can be integrated seamlessly with existing networks - Windows 7 & Microsoft Gold Certified partner with ISV/Software Solutions
- Supports the automation of the entire supply chain
- Has an easy-to-use tab style interface
Savanna.NET®, which is built using C#, provides a high degree of flexibility and a modular framework. The software’s core modules contain the most important services and control functions to successfully operate both conventional and automated areas of a warehouse. Depending on your requirements, you can dock as many additional modules as you need on the basic core functions.
- Cost savings and better customer service accrue from the efficiencies of Savanna, including:
- More efficient use of warehouse space and equipment with optimized product flows
- Information at your fingertips
- Increased order accuracy resulting in improved customer service
- Reduced losses from stolen, damaged or misrouted products
- Increased throughput
- Increased labor productivity
- All resulting in lower cost per unit shipped
Capable of inventory management, order management, billing management and interfacing to virtually any host system including SAP and Oracle.
- Inventory management functions begin with data management (knowing your high, medium and low moving items), inventory cycle counting, and tracking product storage lanes and product flows. Batch tracking lots for quality control and re-configuring storage lane depths are further functions typically added as needed, especially in food and beverage manufacturing.
- Order management involves not only moving an item from inventory via automation or conventional equipment, but the receiving of incoming goods and returns, synchronizing the picking systems and strategies, and order reporting. Billing tracking is also available for warehouses operating in part, or in full as 3PL’s.
- As an interface between ERP systems, web interfaces and PLC systems, Savanna offers powerful connectivity to both higher and lower level IT logistics systems. User groups can have varying permission levels, allowing for management of all types of users. Through Crystal reports, Savanna offers full reporting, including statistical and graphical reports.
While Savanna can handle the full range of inventory management functions listed above, the depth and breadth of each Westfalia WMS is based on its specific requirements. For instance, both manual and automated warehouses might require inventory cycle counting, but manual warehouses typically do not require middle block reconfiguration. Achieving maximum warehouse efficiency begins with Savanna’s inventory management.
- Tracking and controlling your inventory is a key part of Savanna.NET’s capabilities, including:
- Inventory cycle counting (.check)
- Managing inventory data of high, medium, and low moving skus (.data)
- Maximizing efficiency in product routing and tracking (.flow)
- Slotting and managing of storage locations within the rack structure (.lane)
- Manages and controls all item movements in both automated and manual warehouse systems
- Batch tracking and quarantine functions (.quality)
- Executing periodic tasks such as re-warehousing, pick lane replenishment, etc. (.schedule)
- Re-configuring the lane lengths of the middle storage area according to specifications (.block)
Savanna.NET directs, controls and optimizes internal material flow and order picking as a system-wide software solution. It includes optimizing paths throughout the system—from when goods enter the warehouse all the way through to when they are shipped. Savanna.NET manages incoming goods and returns, as well as all customer order processing, including:
- Order release and processing including 3PL orders (.order)
- Incoming goods and returns received into the warehouse either manually or from the host system (.receive)
- Order picking strategies such as pick-to-light, pick-to-belt, pick-to-voice, etc. (.pick)
- Interfaces with and controls all product movements handled by manual material handling sytems such as fork trucks, hand trucks, etc. (.move)
- Easy to use web interface for 3PL customers to view their inventory, plus cost tracking for billing (.3PL)
- Prepares and fulfills orders on full, partial or layered pallets processed via batch, zone or single order picking
- Supports both paper-based and paperless order picking