Increase warehouse efficiency with an AS/RS
An automated storage and retrieval system is a strategic solution to obtain a competitive advantage. Westfalia's flexible automated storage/retrieval systems (AS/RS) ensure the ability to adapt to changing market conditions now and in the future. We offer profound market knowledge amassed over many years of firsthand experience implementing warehouse solutions within a variety of industries. Westfalia supplies automated warehouse solutions to manufacturers and distributors utilizing a variety of loads (unit, layer, or extra-large) within various temperature ranges for both non-rack and rack supported structures.
As an automated storage/retrieval system supplier, Westfalia specializes in the following types of configurations:
Today's modern warehousing systems are required to process increasingly complex tasks and provide reliability and flexibility for future needs. Westfalia’s high-density AS/RS increase warehouse efficiency by:
- Maximizing available storage space in existing structures, avoiding off-site storage and expansions
- Minimizing overall building footprint up to 50% versus conventional warehouses
- Reducing energy costs by 40% in cooler environments
- Reducing labor and product damage costs
- Increasing inventory accuracy and customer service
As designers and planners – not simply technology providers – the most important driving force for us is working alongside our customers as an active partner. Westfalia's engineers breakthrough the barriers of standard designs, opening many new opportunities for higher productivity, better space utilization and greater economic justification. Time and time again, our customers praise us for the job we do for them, and the value we add to their organization.
Westfalia’s automated systems are better by design, due to our Satellite® technology, triple rail support and hybrid AS/RS warehouse designs that utilize single, double and multiple-deep storage in the same aisle. Westfalia automated systems are not limited by depth, height or width. Westfalia's double mast storage/retrieval machine (S/RM) is designed to cover large horizontal and vertical distances reaching horizontal speeds of 900ft./min. and vertical speeds of 400ft./min.
Westfalia's AS/RS components include:
- Storage/Retrieval Machine (S/RM)
- Satellite® or Telescopic Fork load extraction devices
- Savanna.NET® Warehouse Management Software (WMS) and Warehouse Control Software (WCS)
- Triple rail support AS/RS rack structure
- Integration with other warehousing and logistical systems such as order fulfillment, pallet flow systems, conveyors, palletizers, and case packing and handling equipment.
AS/RS Case Studies:
Heaven Hill Distillery
Founded shortly after Prohibition ended in Bardstown, Kentucky, Heaven Hill Brands (Heaven Hill) is America's largest family-owned and operated distilled spirits producer and marketer. Their brands have grown beyond the company’s traditional roots as a Bourbon...
Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc.
Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc.® (Martin’s®) is a family owned and operated bread and roll manufacturer dedicated to delivering extraordinary taste, quality and customer service that represents their legacy of cherished eating experiences....