Westfalia’s high density Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS) and Savanna.NET® WMS increase warehousing efficiency by:
- Maximizing available storage space in existing structures—avoid off-site storage and expansions—our AS/RS fit in 20’ high facilities.
- Minimizing your building footprint and “GO GREEN with High Density” - up to 50%+ vs. conventional warehouses - saves on construction costs
- Reducing your energy costs—typically 40%+ in cooler environments
- Westfalia’s AS/RS operate in -40° to 100°+F environments and handle a wide variety of loads.
- Reducing your labor & product damage costs
- Increasing your accuracy & customer service
- Westfalia’s AS/RS are better by design, due to our patented Satellite technology, triple rail support and hybrid AS/RS warehouse designs with single, double and multiple deep storage in same aisle
Designing an Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS) for an automated warehouse includes these components:
- Storage / Retrieval Machine (S/RM)
- Satellite® or Telescopic Fork load extraction devices
- Savanna.NET® Warehouse Management Software (WMS)
- Triple Rail Support AS/RS Rack Structure
- Integration with other warehousing and logistical systems such as Pick-to-Light order fulfillment, pallet flow systems, conveyors, palletizers, case packers, etc.
Storage Retrieval Machine (S/RM)
The Storage / Retrieval Machine (S/RM) is designed to cover large horizontal and vertical distances in a storage system. Westfalia S/RM’s are able to have precise positioning of the horizontal and vertical axis through laser and final positioning.
- Standard maximum height 130 ft. (40 meters)
- Capacity up to 4,400 lbs for standard pallet systems (larger for parking and storage module systems).
- Horizontal speed vmax 900 ft./min
- Vertical speed vmax 400 ft./min
- Operates between -30F to ambient conditions
- Dual mast design - S/RM is perfectly balanced – no cantilevered loads
- Vertical carriage moved by 2 triple roller chains
- Load shift plates – load is safely contained even during E-stop
- Dual motors on each axis of motion (redundancy optional)
- All moving parts located near bottom for ease of maintenance
- Models available with separate employee lift cabin to enhance safety, comfort & flexibility for warehousing staff during preventative and periodic maintenance
- Center split shaft to allow quick access to bearings, sprockets
- Information exchange via wireless Ethernet, on same network as WMS
- Control platform is open architecture (Allen-Bradley or Siemens)